photo home-2.png photo about-4.jpg photo style-2.png photo Projects-2.png



Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Warmin' Things Up


So, it's spring (though Tennessee weather is begging to differ), which means there's a good chance we've pulled out the self tanner and now need a face to match our bronze skin, or we just need to add a little life to our pale, winter face. 
(I'm featuring a great self-tanner in my march/april favorites, so watch out for that at the end of april)

So, I made a quick little tutorial on how to get that perfect spring glow. 


With my second cup of of coffee in hand, I applied my eye makeup and base. I powdered to set everything, but if you are using a liquid bronzer or blush, 
you will want to hold off on the powder until after. I did a simple, thin cat eye on my eyes- Let me know if you'd like to see a cat eye tutorial!

So, let's do this thing:

I grabbed my Rimmel Bronzer and a small, fluffy brush. I use this bronzer for all over color, to generally warm up my face. 


So, get a small amount on your brush, and buff on the bronzer wherever the sun might hit your face (forehead, nose, cheeks, chin, and don't neglect your neck). I also like to get my temples and hairline.


Next up: contouring. I use my Bare Minerals Bronzer, this bronzer is too dark for me to use as an all-over color, but a small amount of it works great for contouring. Now, when I say contouring I'm not talking super crazy contouring, just something subtle to give a bit of definition. 

I get a tad bit on my angled brush, apply it under my cheek bones, sides of my nose, temples, and jawline. It really does help to suck in your cheek bones to better define, hence the cute face. 



Next, I applied my ELF Blush on the top of my cheeks 


 No bronzing is complete without a big of highlighting. I grabbed my ELF highlighter (It's a concealer-highlighter duo, and I don't believe they sell it anymore), and dotted it on my cheek bones, bridge of my nose, and cupid's bow
I know, I'm really great at posing.


Aaaand, that's it! Now your face is warmed up and ready to take on spring! 

Hope this was helpful to you all!
-Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment