photo home-2.png photo about-4.jpg photo style-2.png photo Projects-2.png



Thursday, January 30, 2014

2 Minute Iced Latte



Iced coffee is one of my favorite things to make when I'm in need of an afternoon pick-me-up.
This is probably the simplest recipe in the history of recipes, but I thought I'd share it with you nonetheless. 

Here's what you'll need:

-Ice
-Your leftover morning coffee (or you can brew it fresh, and wait for it to cool)
-Simple syrup* with flavoring of your choice (I used vanilla)
-Milk or half and half

*Simple syrup is super easy to make, it's just equal parts sugar, water, and your choice of flavoring heated up so that the sugar dissolves. Some of my favorite flavorings are almond extract, vanilla, and peppermint.



Grab your glass and fill it half-way with ice.



Pour in your coffee, filling the glass about 3/4 of the way



Add in a few tablespoons of your syrup- if you like your coffee lightly sweetened, add around 2 Tbs, if you like it a bit sweeter, add closer to 4 Tbs.



Top off with your milk or half and half.




And there's your beautiful latte! (Be sure to snap some lovely pictures of the coffee + milk mixing, so you can wow your friends on Instagram) 


I hope your Thursday is lovely!
-Cassidy






No comments:

Post a Comment